This highway has very little history to its number. Signed in 1926, the designation followed the current Business US 15 and US 15 alignment from the Maryland state line to Lemoyne. It entered Pennsylvania on Emmitsburg Road to Gettysburg where it was signed on Washington Street and Lincoln Avenue. After passing through Gettysburg it was signed on Old Harrisburg Road to York Springs. Once crossing the York County line, it became known as Capitol Hill Road, Range End Road, Gettysburg Street and left Dillsburg as Gettysburg Pike which led it into Cumberland County. After it was known as Gettysburg Road and State Road before entering the Borough of Camp Hill on 17th Street and then the Borough of Lemoyne where it ended at US 11 at Market Street. It was decommissioned two years later in 1928.
Terminus of US 240 - Dale Sanderson
|Maryland state line two miles south of Fairplay.|
|US 11 in Lemoyne.|
|Names:||Emmitsburg Road, Washington Street, Lincoln Avenue, Old Harrisburg Pike, Capitol Hill Road, Range End Road, Gettysburg Street, Gettysburg Pike, Gettysburg Road, State Road, 17th Street, and State Street|
|Counties:||Adams and Cumberland|
|PA 24 (1926 - 1928)|
|Replaced By:||US 15|